Monday, April 28, 2008

What to do if you can't sleep at night

I suffer from this. Being an artist, it's quite common. It drives Blessing crazy. But after years of suffering, I found some techniques on how you'll get zzzz's quickly.

1. Make your bedroom more comfortable, keep it cool and quiet. If you live with other people in the room, ask them nicely to be quiet or tell em' GET OUT!
2. Get up and do something else (but don't clean the house like my mom when she can't sleep). Then, go back to bed.
3. Drink warm milk or hot water before you go to bed. (If you don't have milk, imagine you're drinking one. Trust me, it will help).
4. Take a warm bath, read a little or listen to some quiet music in the evening. I'm weird though. I watch the sitcom "Friends." It knocks me right out....SNORING!
5. Get fresh air and exercise during the day, but remember: exercise before bed can keep you awake.
6. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
7. NO CHEATING!!!...Don't take naps during the day.
8. Avoid coffee, tea or soft drinks after 5 p.m.
9. Don't think of your problems or what you're going to do the next day. Today has enough worries to worry about.
10. Don't eat spicy food in the evening.
11. Most importantly, PRAY! Sing praises to the Most High! Praise Him for everything He has done for you today. By the time you're done thanking Him, you're in lala land.

It is now 1:18 am and yes, I need to sleep. Time to pop in my Friends DVD. Nite ya'all.

2 comments:

Blogger Vince said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kuya Erwin C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.