Saturday, December 6, 2008

Empty Promises


I'm a fairly patient man. I understand that some things are just beyond my control. Yet recently my patience was tested by a well-known cell phone company who is also offering internet service. 

My internet went down on Tuesday morning (right after I posted my 'verse of the day') and right after I saved and published my blog...NO MORE INTERNET! I waited for a day until I called their 'HOTLINE' just to give them a chance to fix the problem on their own.

The next day (Wednesday) I called their HOTLINE again and reported the problem. They "promised" me that they will fix the problem within 24 to 48 hours. So, I then gave them a chance to do their magic and fulfill their promise but told them "You know for a HOTLINE, you're not so HOT." Saturday, came and still no internet. I gave them another call and told them what they had promised. They said their "field technicians" are already working on the problem as we speak. So once again, I gave them another chance.

Tuesday rolled in and lo and behold, STILL NO INTERNET! I was finally fed up. I went straight to their office and told them about the problem. I finally found out that they have not sent out any technicians to fix the problem. Their customer service department have been telling me what I wanted to hear but they never intended to fix my problem. 

Matt. 5:37 says "Instead, let your message be 'Yes' for 'Yes' and 'No' for 'No.' Anything more than that comes from the evil one." That's all I can say about that.

If you guys want to know which internet company I'm talking about, they are global.

So what happened? I terminated my contract with them and went with a cable DSL provider. Thank God for COMPETITION.



1 comment:

Thess said...

when we first signed up for DSL, we had to put up with cut'offs every two hours for three months.

finally, my brother called them up every two hours when we get cut off everyday. At last, they ehard us and fixed our connection AFTER 2 MONTHS! GRRR