Friday, December 26, 2008

In Search of the Best Smartphone




Last month I left one of my phones in a cab and never got it back. The search for the holy grail of smartphones is on, for me at least. I have read hundreds of reviews, comments and technical specs on certain smartphones and the more I read, the more confused I get! How I wish there were only two choices, decaf or caf. But life isn't that simple anymore, is it? Now we got blended or iced, whipped or unwhipped, vanilla or mocha. It's madness I tell you, madness!

I'm actually down to two choices: the Nokia E71 (which I heavily favor to win this smartphone war), and the ever popular Apple Iphone 3g 16 gig (which after reading hundreds of negative reviews, I don't know why I'm still considering). For me, it comes down to three things: I need it to send text messages and make calls, play music and videos and view and edit office files. The E71 does all this with excellence except the video and music playback is quite mediocre. The Iphone 3g has a wide variety of third party software and the video and music playback is off the charts however, though I can view my office files, I cannot edit them. You really can't have everything, eh?

So, if anyone out there can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

By the way, Kevin suggested I get a 13.3 inch Macbook which was the original plan. But I do like to keep my options open. 

HELP!!!

8 comments:

Jason Bruce said...

Erwin - hope you dont mind contacting you this way. Can I get your permission to add your site to my blogroll? Here's a link to my site http://livingrice.blogspot.com
Thanks! - Jason, jas_bruce@yahoo.com

Kuya Erwin C. said...

Hey Jason! Sure bro... networking is the best!

Jason Bruce said...

Thanks. Keep up the good ministry!

Jason Bruce said...

I now have you on my blogroll and my new URL is
http://thelivingrice.blogspot.com
Any update on your smartphone search? If I can afford it I think I will get the Nokia office files is more important to me than music/video files.

Kuya Erwin C. said...

Hey bro! Yeah man I decided to buy an iPhone. At first I was hesitant but it just kinda landed on my lap. All the complaints that they've saying about this phone is solved. Panoramic keyboard, copy and paste, no video...I got all that solved on my iPhone. Email is amazing. Third party software is endless and best of all, I got it at the same price as the E71. So I'm set hehe.

By the way I haven't been posting much this week because I've been so busy preparing for a huge evangelistic event. I'm swamped!

I'll add you in mine too! Blessings my brother

Jason Bruce said...

Good choice on the iPhone. My boss has one and he brags about it almost everyday.
I did notice that you havent been posting lately. God bless on the event. Is your band playing? I still need to hear your music. I follow this blog www.decapolis.com (also ran by a FilAm)once in a while but Im think Im getting old for their kind of music.

Kuya Erwin C. said...

Yup my band Pslam 23 (spelling is definitely correct). We're headlining for that event (sounds like a vegas show haha). It's an evangelistic event. Please pray the Holy Spirit will move in the event amongst the hearts of the youth and receive Christ. Kevin and I will be speaking in the event as well.

If it's too loud, we're too old, eh? I just wear ear plugs.

Jason Bruce said...

God bless on the event.
FYI. I made a special mention of your podcast on my blog.
http://thelivingrice.blogspot.com/2009/01/some-statistics-on-filipino-youth.html